Head of Business Development
Full Harvest is solving the #1 contributor to climate change - food waste - with the leading business-to-business online produce marketplace specializing in imperfect and surplus produce. The company is not only solving on-farm food loss, the largest portion of the food waste problem, but is also bringing the $1T produce industry online end-to-end for the first time ever. A win-win-win for farmers, food companies, and the planet.
Full Harvest recently closed a $28M Series B round and expanded our leadership team. The company is backed by leading technology, impact, and agriculture investors such as Spark Capital, Cultivian Sandbox, Telus Ventures, and RaboBank. Full Harvest is recognized as a World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer, the top 2020 Fast Company World Changing Idea, a Forbes Most Innovative Agtech Startup, and was recently on the cover of Newsweek magazine.
Want to join a super friendly, hardworking, and passionate team that is determined to solve food waste? Check out our job opening below:
Head of Business Development Role:
As the Head of Business Development at Full Harvest, you will be responsible for Key Account business development, strategic partnerships, and BD strategies across produce-buying industries (CPG, process, retailer, food service, etc.) to sell our B2B produce marketplace as well as Innovation Services, when interested. While selling our produce marketplace will be your main focus, some food & beverage companies have also been interested in us helping them to develop sustainable CPG products leveraging our Verified Rescued ProduceTM line. In these situations, they hire us to align on SKU development, build out the supply chain, and market the sustainability.
You will report directly to the VP of Sales & Supply and work closely with the CEO on Strategic Account engagement.
Business Development: Identify, engage, and onboard produce purchasing large Key Accounts onto our marketplace across all verticals: CPG, Processing, Retail and Food Service
- Enhance and expand our current Key Account Buyer portfolio across all verticals, build pipeline of new Strategic Buyers within each vertical: CPG, Processing, Retail and Food Service
- Direct the preparation, approval, and execution of the capture &win strategy to find, engage with, onboard, and close business opportunities via our marketplace with large, strategic produce-buying customers Influence and collaborate with internal and external team members to identify new business opportunities andsolutions to continually close new business and upsell within your customer portfolio. Work closely with Account Manager and Sales Engineer to manage and grow accounts.
- Become a Full Harvest Marketplace Master and support technology adoption of advocate for the marketplace with new and existing customers customers and prospects
- Create strategic C level outreach and networking plan and constantly build relationships with Senior level executives to drive market growth at the highest level
- Along with our VP of Marketing, develop a full range of marketing strategies and deployment targeted at our ideal customer profile by vertical
Help us to Scale our Innovation Services Offering
- - Work closely with the CEO & strategy team to build out the Innovation Services offering further as well as sell it to interested customers. Work closely with internal team to support the execution of the Innovation Services to clients.
- - Attend and participate in weekly product touch-bases
- - Work closely with Sales Engineer to ensure feedback from customers and personal experience is incorporated into Platform build
- - Communicate newMarketplace feedback to Product
- - Report Platform bugs/issues in the backend request slack channel
Our Ideal Candidate:
- - Able to work in-person in our downtown SF Office Tuesdays and Thursdays (with 3 weeks allowed remote per year)
- - 10+ years of overall sales experience, with at least 3+ years specifically in Business Development/ closing large strategic accounts. Demonstrated career progression and success throughout career
- 5+ years of sales within the produce industry or similar, with some experience working within a fast-growing company preferred
- Start-up experience, especially B2B or SaaS a big plus, but not required
- Demonstrated success and enjoys working in fast-paced business environments, executing in the face of ambiguity and constant change
- Used an analytical, data-driven approach to problem solving and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement through complex process and systems
- Been formally trained and have consistently used a sales/account management methodology
- Tech savvy and fast learner
- Loves rolling their sleeves up and doing whatever it takes to achieve a goal in the face of adversity
How We Operate:
As a team, we are focused on our mission of empowering sustainability solving food waste and we strive to do this by executing in the following ways:
- - We truly believe in our mission and will do whatever it takes to achieve it
- - We are results focused and consistently deliver strong results
- - We go to great lengths to understand and delight our customers
- - Our team can rely on us as well as our integrity
- - We admit mistakes openly and take full accountability
- - We look for solutions by analyzing data and all the facts
- - Opportunity to work on a great mission- solving food waste
- - A fun, challenging environment that will give you the chance to significantly grow and learn
- - Equity in a high-growth startup
- - The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software and other tools needed to excel at your job
- - Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- - 401k plan
Compensation range for this position: $180k-$200k + Commission.
Looking for more info. about us? We recently closed our Series B led by Tier 1 impact investment fund Telus Ventures. Learn more in this TechCrunch article.
Full Harvest is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Via LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3811233144/
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.