Software Development Engineer in Test (QA)
Full Harvest is solving the #1 contributor to climate change - food waste - with the leading business-to-business online produce marketplace specializing in imperfect and surplus produce. The company is not only solving on-farm food loss, the largest portion of the food waste problem, but is also bringing the $1T produce industry online end-to-end for the first time ever. A win-win-win for farmers, food companies, and the planet.
Full Harvest recently closed a $28M Series B round and expanded our leadership team. The company is backed by leading technology, impact, and agriculture investors such as Spark Capital, Cultivian Sandbox, Telus Ventures, and RaboBank. Full Harvest is recognized as a World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer, the top 2020 Fast Company World Changing Idea, a Forbes Most Innovative Agtech Startup, and was recently on the cover of Newsweek magazine.
Want to join a super friendly, hardworking, and passionate team that is determined to solve food waste? Check out our job opening below:
Software Development Engineer in Test Role:
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer In Test to join a mature, professional and cohesive team of software developers to maintain and expand the capabilities of all our produce marketplace and its underlying operations technology and participate in the development of our digital systems in collaboration with the Digital Product Team, the Build Team and key business stakeholders. The individual will contribute to technology projects that improve user experiences on the marketplace across web, mobile, operations, marketing, sales, supply, and finance. You’ll secure the release and operations of the seller experience for farms as well as for many types of produce buyers demonstrating the valuable capabilities of the platform. The goal is to create fast and intuitive features that inspire trust, align with user expectations, behavior, needs and encourage repeat engagement.
You will help digitize for the first time ever, one of the largest and most important industries in the world - the food supply chain - that, to this day, remains primarily offline. Your performance is measured both by the impact on the company’s overall objectives and your ability to build and lead a reliable, quality-driven testing practice within our mature software development cycle. You will report directly to the head of the Technology Run Team and collaborate closely with the Digital Product Team, the Technology Build Team as well as with the Sales, Supply and Operations team.
Our ideal candidate:
- Able to work in-person in our downtown SF Office Tuesdays and Thursdays (with 3 weeks allowed remote per year)
- A passion for the Full Harvest vision and a desire to leave a positive impact on the planet
- - 2 years or more of proven hands-on experience in Test Automation: Solid experience in designing and implementing test automation frameworks and scripts in various environments.
- - An extreme level of detail orientation
- - B2B, SaaS or marketplace experience is ideal
- - Strong Programming Skills: Proficiency in programming languages such as Ruby on Rails and React. Ability to write clean, maintainable, and efficient code.
- - Understanding of Software QA Methodologies: In-depth knowledge of software quality assurance principles, practices, and processes.
- - An ability to connect the product and the business from a software perspective
- - Experience with Testing Tools and Technologies: Familiarity with tools like Selenium, JUnit, TestNG, Cucumber, Postman, or similar for functional and non-functional testing.
- - Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD): Experience with CI/CD pipelines and tools such as GitHub and Heroku.
- - Debugging and Troubleshooting Skills: Ability to identify, isolate, and document bugs and issues within software applications.
- - Demonstrated proficiency in communication skills creating an environment that will foster commitment, trust, and open dialogue with teammates and customers.
- - Ability to meet team goals by building buy-in for simple proposals, seeking input and different perspectives and communicate nuances effectively
- - An undeniable business bias and a results-oriented mindset
- - Agile Methodology: Practical experience working in an Agile development environment, with an understanding of Scrum or Kanban practices.
- - Performance Testing: Knowledge of performance testing tools and the ability to conduct benchmarking, load, stress, and scalability tests.
- - Experience with Cloud Platforms: Familiarity with cloud platforms like AWS, Google Cloud and Heroku is a plus
- - Knowledge of Database Technologies: Understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases and the ability to write and troubleshoot database queries.
- - Secure quality of software deliverables and systems integration on our disruptive agriculture B2B marketplace
- - Take ownership of quality of all existing products and solutions currently facing our sellers and our buyers as well as all internal products supporting our team.
- - Collaborate with our leadership and sales team to ensure quality features are rolled out and shown to our user base and maintain quality and reliability as these features scale and ramp up
- - Provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project and resource management, for all quality assurance development activities.
- - Ensure the optimal allocation of technology and engineering resources to meet product quality standards and automate regression testing.
- - Take part in a continuous improvement journey involving all team members aiming at always improving their skill set and their value, remain committed to the team, mobilized on the projects.
How We Operate:
As a team, we are focused on our mission of empowering sustainability solving food waste and we strive to do this by executing in the following ways:
- - We truly believe in our mission and will do whatever it takes to achieve it
- - We are results focused and consistently deliver strong results
- - We go to great lengths to understand and delight our customers
- - Our team can rely on us as well as our integrity
- - We admit mistakes openly and take full accountability
- - We look for solutions by analyzing data and all the facts
- - Opportunity to work on a great mission- solving food waste
- - A fun, challenging environment that will give you the chance to significantly grow and learn
- - Equity in a high-growth startup
- - The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software and other tools needed to excel at your job
- - Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- - 401k plan
Compensation range for this position: $100k-$130k depending on experience.
Looking for more info. about us? We recently closed our Series B led by Tier 1 impact investment fund Telus Ventures. Learn more in this TechCrunch article.
Full Harvest is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Via LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3811233338/
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.